Wednesday 18 March 2015

BROWS ON FLEEK!




Keshia W.
Colormyfootsteps.com
Eye brows on Fleek…I Think

Let me start by saying I have filled in my eyebrows since high school. God chose to bless me with full lips, freckles, some decent cheek bones and one dimple on my left cheek. However he did not bless me with a full brow. I have grown to accept such a fact. I didn’t always accept it. Between us ladies (and maybe gents) I can recall at short period of time when I was about 14 or 15 that I decided to rub a light coating of hair grease on my fine eyebrows daily in hopes they would eventually blossom into full on Audrey Hepburn-mode brows but all I ended up with was a waste of time and a waste of Blue Magic. So like I mentioned before I have come to accept my lackluster brows. Just because I have accepted them doesn’t mean I can’t give them a little boost. Lately eyebrows have taken the spotlight in the beauty world. Over the years so many developments have been made to giving a person the look of a fuller brow. From makeup to eyebrow tenting at salons and even eyebrow tattooing. I personally am not up for the idea of getting my eyebrows tattooed on, but to each person their own. I think I would be up for getting them tinted but haven’t looked into the process enough as of yet. So I decided to use the next best thing…makeup. I decided to give a few inexpensive eyebrow fillers a shot and see if they are worth the purchase. I headed to Target and purchased three separate eyebrow products.
Current Eyebrow makeup routine: Maybelline Define-A-Brow
I have used Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil for about 2 years now. It is my staple brow product. It gives me sharpness and softness all in one tool. It is easy to use and the comb on the opposite end of the pencil is very helpful for sculpting.
What I Purchased
·         NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in dark brown
·         e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in dark brown
·         Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara in deep brown
Verdict
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
·         The kit came with two eyebrow powders in light and dark brown and a brow gel to hold the powder in place. It also came with a two sided brush and spool.
·         Application: First I must say that this product did not come with any instructions. For a few seconds I was pretty unsure of where to begin.
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in dark brown: This application process was not smooth. The applicator brush did not seem to help much. The powders were not very pigmented and did not blend well. If there is a learning curve to this product I am not patient enough most mornings to figure it out.
e.l.f Eyebrow Kit
·         The kit came with two eyebrow powders in light and dark brown. The dark brown shade acted as a gel. It also came with a two sided brush but no spool. The kit included a small mirror.
·         Application: Thankfully this kit came with instructions on the back to help guide through the process.
e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit: This kit was very easy to use. I chose to use the darker shade as my brow outline and then filled in the rest of my brow with the lighter shade of brown. I will keep this product to use possibly at a later date.
Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara
·         I really enjoyed the simplicity of this product. It looked like a normal mascara applicator. It also came with instructions on the packaging.
·         Application: The applicator wand was very simple to use.
Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara: I really likes this product. One thing I must say is that this product would work best alone if you have a fuller brow. If you are someone who has a finer brow then you will likely need an eyebrow pencil of some sort to fill in and/or outline your brows. I chose to outline my brows with my Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil.

My final thoughts
I felt the Maybelline Define-A-Brow and Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara combination was a good one. I think it gave a more natural look than the Maybelline Define-A-Brow alone. Out of the three new products that I purchased the Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara is the only one I would most likely re-purchase. The e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit I would more than likely not re-purchase however I would recommend it to someone looking for a new brow product. The NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder I would not re-purchase and would not recommend.


www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/advice/g1355/how-to-get-thicker-eyebrows/?  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Welcome

Hi, I'm Toni. A natural hair enthusiast, blogger and jewelry designer who enjoys experimenting with all things hair and beauty. I hope to share a bit along the way. :)

Instagram

Followers