Wednesday 25 January 2012

JERRY JUICE

This winter weather has been wreaking havoc on my hair.  Over the last month it has never felt this dry.  I decided to take a trip to my local beauty supply store to stock up on some deep conditioner and as I was browsing through the aisles I came to an old school product. 

Carefree Curl by Softsheen Carson.  I may be aging myself here but am I the only one who remembers their jerry curl in the 80's being ultra moisturized all the time!  Yes, I had a jerry curl and I am not ashamed of it!  It was fierce....at the time. 

Anyways as I started having flashbacks to my juicy curls  I decided to pick up a few products from the line.
When I got home I washed and conditioned my hair and then applied the Curl Activator moisturizing lotion as my leave in.  It's a thick lotion consistency with a pleasant scent.   My hair immediately felt softened.  I like this stuff, and only $4.99!  I applied an oil mix to seal it in.
After my hair was moisturized I applied the gel activator to large sections and two strand twisted my hair.  This gel is quite light and as it promises on the packaging....non-greasy and onlhy $3.99

 The last product I picked up for $3.99 was the instant moisturizer with glycerine which is a liquid spray moisturizer.  I used this product every day on my twists...I saturated them each day with this product which I wore for 5 days.  The twists stayed juicy and springy.


And finally the take down.  The twists glided loose easily with no snags.  My  hair was so moisturized that it immediately shrunk up.  It was uber soft.
I got pretty definition from the twist out but it was so soft that it didn't hold the pattern very long.

With these results....I think i'll stay on the juice for the remainder of the harsh winter months.




 

14 comments:

  1. I love this stuff & I use the instant moisturizer. I used to use it when I was younger on my natural hair just because it was around in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger and Jeri curls were the in thing, my mom bought all the products and put them in my hair. Then told me I had a Jeri curl! It looked like the other ppls curls, so I never had to question it! It wasn't until I was older did I find out a Jeri curl was a process! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good, my friend uses it and it made her hair so soft and fluffy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you took it WAAAAAAY back. Lol! Yeah, I remember that stuff. Love your eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, didn't know that yellow bottle was even still around.
    What about the residue-y feeling? Any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far i haven't noticed a residue feeling with the gel or moisturizing lotion. You do get it with the spray though.

      Delete
  6. Your hair is FAB! I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the reasons I decided to go natural was a)I loved my hair as a kid (who desperately wanted a curl) and when it was wet, I'd pretend I had one. And fast forward to b) when I was 16, my mother cut out her perm and used the gel activator. But then, curls were out, but two years later, so was my perm and I opted for Let's Jam to hold my curls. :) I feel you, and at those prices (hello, recession) I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to try this I've seen this product many times and have been tempted and curious to see how well it works. Heard some good things on this product and the weather down here in the south is no joke it's just now starting to get really cold 40s on most days then somedays it's like 60 degrees. It's a game of cards in the south lol you just never know good review Toni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a jheri curl!! And yes it was constantly juicy!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to give this a try between protective styles -- your hair looks so shiny and fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Instant Moisturizer from them. I used it under some curl activator gel from smooth and shine and had the best twist out i ever had. i stopped using it for some reason (i think i didn't like one of the ingredients) but my hair felt wonderful afterwards with no residue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The twists were def. juicy. Loved your gold eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Welcome

Hi, I'm Toni. A natural hair enthusiast, blogger and jewelry designer who enjoys experimenting with all things hair and beauty. I hope to share a bit along the way. :)

Instagram

Followers